To make a donation to the Cancer Research Institute please click here

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A new adventure

Hi Everybody and welcome to my ramblings as i head for new heights, It seems a long time until the adventure starts but time whizzes by (especially at my age) and it wont be long until 2018 is hear and the excitement really starts, My treks on the Camino De Santiago and more recently on the way to Mount Everest base camp and up to the summit of Kala Pattar have shown me that you can never be too early in researching and training for a big trip, I am lucky in that i have a lot of equipment already but there will always be something that needs to be purchased, In this case the main or expensive items will be a pair of mountaineering boots and a 800+ fill down jacket, I know that at the summit on Mera temperatures can drop to -30 so you cannot skimp on certain things
Follow me on my adventure where i will go higher than i have ever been and help raise funds for The Cancer Research Institute


Everest and Lthose behind me on the way up Kala Pattar at 18500 feet

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment